Annual EEO Public File Report for
Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC
September 30th, 2018
- During the period of October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018, Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC (WOGK, WNDD, WNDT, WNDN) filled two full-time job vacancies: One sales and market consultant, and one on-air programming announcer position.
- Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC used the following sources to full the open sales and marketing consultant position: Postings to our sister stations, our stations’ websites, and the EEO recruitment sources mailing lists, and previous ads in Indeed.com, MediaRecruiter.com, AllAccess.com, and local referrals.
- The on-air programming announcer position was created through an employee termination. The sales and marketing consultant opening was created by a resignation.
- For the on-air programming announcer position, six candidates were interviewed. The hire applied through the ad in AllAccess.com and was hired on September 24th, 2018.Regarding the sales and marketing consultant position, after a review of résumés from all of our sources, the June 11th, 2018 hire was from an employee referral.
- For a list and brief description of the required non-vacancy-specific recruitment measures selected from the FCC’s menu that were undertaken, please refer to the narrative statement below.
Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC has been working to achieve a broad and inclusive outreach program to educate and recruit persons for future openings for WOGK-FM, WNDD-FM, WNDT-FM, and WNDN-FM. This report covers the period of October 1, 2017 through September 30th, 2018.
During this time, Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC has done the following:
We hosted two job fairs to recruit for ourselves and other local diverse business on March 1st, 2018 in Ocala at the College of Central Florida, and on September 18th, 2018 at CareerSource in Gainesville. More than 200 people attended the job fair in Ocala. More than 75 attended in Gainesville.
Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC (WOGK, WNDD, WNDT, WNDN) maintains an ongoing program to recruit and instruct potential future broadcasters.
From May until August 2018 Amanda Holloway, a student at the University of Florida, interned for us. She shadowed all of the department heads, attended promotion meetings and meetings with our visiting sales/non-traditional revenue consultant. Ms. Holloway worked with our Digital/Promotions Director on creative marketing pieces. She also participated on on-site marketing events outside of the radio stations.
West Port High School student Reagan Knight continued his internship in 2018, learning all aspects of the radio business.
The stations offered online training to its entire sales staff on December 7th, 2017 from the Rapid Learning Institute entitled, Escaping the Time Trap: How to Help Your Sales Team with More Sales in Less Time. The sales manager trained on June 15th, 2018 with the Rapid Learning Institute program Sales Manager or Babysitter? Five Ways to Create Sales Rep Accountability. On September 4th, 2018 the entire sales staff trained with the Rapid Learning Institute’s program The BIG Four Trends in Workplace Training and Why Micro-Training is at the Epicenter of Them All.”