McDonald’s® Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Scavenger Hunt Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE.
1. SCAVENGER HUNTS DESCRIPTION: McDonald’s Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Scavenger Hunts (each a “Scavenger Hunt”) begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at (7:00 p.m. ET) on each of the following days: May 20th, May 27th and June 3, 2011 (the"Scavenger Hunt Periods"). During each Scavenger Hunt, there will be Three (3) specially-marked oversized lemons (each a “Game Piece”) hidden at various locations in the Ocala, Florida market. The Sponsor will share clues regarding the location of hidden Game Pieces on the local McDonald’s Facebook page, http://bit.ly/mcdcentralfl, and in clues provided by radio station WOGK-FM on their website at www.937kcountry.com. Each participant (the “Participant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. SCAVENGER HUNT ELIGIBILITY: The Scavenger Hunts are open only to United States residents who are physically located in the Ocala, Florida market area during a Scavenger Hunt Period and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation, with a valid government-issued photo identification at the time of claiming the prize. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in a Scavenger Hunt: (a) any person who on or after January 1, 2011 was or is a McDonald's restaurant franchise owner or employee or a director, officer, employee, agent, or independent contractor of: Sponsor; any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies; and any entities retained by Sponsor for the administration of the Scavenger Hunt; (b) individuals who are engaged in the development, production or distribution of Scavenger Hunt materials or the prize supply for a Scavenger Hunt; and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, foster, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, and each of their respective spouses) of, or who reside in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories. Void outside of Florida and where prohibited.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Participants solve the clues available on the local McDonald’s Facebook page, http://bit.ly/mcdcentralfl, and throughout the radio newscasts on WOGK-FM from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on each Scavenger Hunt date for each Game Piece’s location; a Participant then uses the clues to determine the potential location of a Game Piece, and then travels to that location to attempt to be the first person to find a Game Piece. Throughout each Scavenger Hunt Period, clues will be posted to the local McDonald’s Facebook page, http://bit.ly/mcdcentralfl, and at www.937kcountry.com.
4. PRIZE DETAILS/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Three (3) Prizes’s Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. ARV: $100. The odds of finding a Game Piece will be determined by the number of Participants. : Fifty-Two Be Our Guest Cards, each valid for one (1) McDonald
5. WINNING: The first Participant to locate a Game Piece and bring that Game Piece to an Central Florida area McDonald’s within 48 hours following a Scavenger Hunt Period for verification is the potential winner of fifty-two Be Our Guest Cards for a McDonald’s Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Game Pieces are the property of McDonald’s and must be surrendered at time of prize claim. In the event any Game Pieces are not found or claimed, such prize or prizes will not be awarded.
6. WINNER CONFIRMATION: Participants who find a Game Piece (each a “Potential Winner”) and bring that Game Piece to a Central Florida-area McDonald’s within 48 hours following a Scavenger Hunt Period (by 5/22, 5/29 or 6/5 based on Hunt date) will receive a prize claim document (“Prize Claim Document”) that the Potential Winner will need to complete and submit per the instructions on the document. To receive the Prize Claim Document, a Potential Winner must surrender the Game Piece and he/she may be required to produce his/her current, valid government-issued photo identification to confirm his/her eligibility. All Prize Claim Documents will be reviewed by an independent judging organization, whose decisions, along with the Sponsor's, are final and binding in all respects. Limit: One (1) prize per person during a Scavenger Hunt Period. If any prize is forfeited, that prize will not be awarded. Prizes will be shipped to the winner within 4-6 weeks of winner confirmation.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering a Scavenger Hunt, each Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the independent judging organization, as applicable. All such decisions shall be final, binding and non-appealable. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value if any prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Details of prizes or portions thereof not specified herein, if any, will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prize winner shall be responsible for all federal, state and/or local income taxes incurred in association with acceptance of the prize. By participating in a Scavenger Hunt, each participant agrees that the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, Scavenger Hunt and advertising agencies and official judges (the “Scavenger Hunt Entities”) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind, including but not limited to those related to defamation, portrayal in a false light or privacy rights, resulting from or in connection with participation in a Scavenger Hunt or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize; and except where legally prohibited, winners grant Sponsor and/or its designees the right to use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. Each Scavenger Hunt is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
A. DISQUALIFICATION: It is the Participant's responsibility to ensure compliance in all respects with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the prize claim processes or the operation of a Scavenger Hunt; acts in violation of these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of a Scavenger Hunt, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
B. FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Scavenger Hunt, in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Scavenger Hunt in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Scavenger Hunt is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/or feasibility of a Scavenger Hunt. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scavenger Hunt as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate a Scavenger Hunt. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. Any prizes that are not duly claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded.
C. INVALIDITY: These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Scavenger Hunt materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
D. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the Participant, or Sponsor in connection with the Scavenger Hunt shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
E. ARBITRATION DISCLOSURE: By participating in this Scavenger Hunt in the fifty (50) United States and D.C. each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against the Releasees arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Scavenger Hunt, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope, enforceability or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by AAA pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Participant may have entered into in connection with the Scavenger Hunt; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the Participant and Sponsor shall be entitled to recover punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages only to the extent permitted by law (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD for claims less than $10,000 or $375 for claims greater than $10,000 but less than $75,000, and the Participant is unable (or not required under the applicable Rules and Procedures) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on AAA and/or AAA Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the AAA Website at http://www.adr.orgor contact AAA at 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10019.
9. WINNERS LIST: To receive an Official Winners List for a Scavenger Hunt, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: McDonald’s Ocala, FloridaFrozen Strawberry Lemonade Scavenger Hunt Winners List Request, P.O. Box 3193, Oak Brook, IL 60522-3193. The Winners List request must be received by May 31, 2011 and will be fulfilled following the awarding of prizes.
10. OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: McDonald’s Central Florida Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Scavenger Hunt Rules Request, P.O. Box 3193, Oak Brook, IL 60522-3193. The Official Rules Request must be received by May 31, 2011.
11. SPONSOR: McDonald’s USA, LLC, 2111 McDonald’s Drive, Oak Brook, IL. 60523.
©2011 McDonald’s. All rights reserved.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN A PRIZE. Scavenger Hunt dates are 5/20, 5/27 and 6/3/11 and begin at 6 a.m. ET and end at 7 p.m. ET on the same day. Participants must be 18 yrs or older and physically located in the Central Florida market at time of hunt. Void outside of FL and where prohibited. During each Scavenger Hunt, there will be (3) specially-marked oversized lemons (each a “Game Piece”) hidden at various locations in the Ocala, Florida market. If found, the Game Piece must be returned to a local McDonald’s within 48 hours following a hunt to receive a prize. 52 prizes available, ARV $100 ea. The Sponsor will share clues regarding the location of hidden Game Pieces on the local McDonald’s Facebook page, http://bit.ly/mcdcentralfl, and in clues provided by radio station WOGK-FM at www.937kcountry.com. Scavenger Hunts are subject to Official Rules; available at Www.937kcountry.com or by mail.
Radio RulesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN A PRIZE. Scavenger Hunt dates are 5/20, 5/27 and 6/3/11 and begin at 6 a.m. ET and end at 7 p.m. ET on the same day. Participants must be 18 yrs or older and physically located in the Central Florida market at time of hunt. Void outside of FL and where prohibited. The Sponsor will share clues regarding the location of (3) hidden Game Pieces on the local McDonald’s Facebook page, http://bit.ly/mcdcentralfl and in clues provided by radio station WOGK-FM at www.937kcountry.com. Scavenger Hunts are subject to Official Rules; available at Www.937kcountry.com or by mail.
I submit this affidavit to WIND-FM and WOGK-FM with the understanding that on behalf of myself, my heirs, executor, administrators and assigns, I have read and understand the official contest rules. I hereby release and forever discharge WIND-FM, WOGK-FM, Ocala Broadcasting L.L.C and its subsidiary and affiliate companies, distributors and advertisers from and against and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which claims may be sustained in accepting prize.