The “Lyrics with Lewis” Contest (“Contest”) is designed to give people a chance to showcase their carpool karaoke skills. You could be a winner if your video is the most entertaining submission.
Contest Entrants will demonstrate their carpool karaoke skills in a video 30 seconds or less. Submissions may be featured on K Country or Pearson Nissan social media pages. All entrants will be invited to dinner at Pearson Nissan on October 19, 2017 from 4 pm – 6 pm where the winner will be announced. The winner will receive $500 from Pearson Nissan. The winner will then go on a test drive with Lewis Stokes and have a carpool karaoke style video recorded for future online publication.
Here’s how it works:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The “Lyrics with Lewis” Contest (“Contest”) is designed to give people a chance to showcase their carpool karaoke skills. Contest entrants will submit a video 30 seconds or less showing their carpool karaoke performance. For safety reasons, the video should not be recorded in a moving vehicle.
Submissions may be featured on K Country or Pearson Nissan social media pages. All entrants will be invited to lunch at Pearson Nissan where the winner will be announced. The winner with then go on a test drive with Lewis Stokes and have a carpool karaoke style video recorded for future online publication.
By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest submission period begins at 12:00 a.m. E.D.T. on October 4, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on October 15, 2017 (the “Submission Period”). The Sponsor of this Contest is K COUNTRY, 3602 NE 20th Place, Ocala, FL 34470. The Contest will operate as described below, on or about the stated dates:
- Submission Period (10/4/17 – 10/15/17): Videos are submitted according to the “How to Enter” description in Section 3 of the Official Rules.
- Entrants will be invited to lunch on or about October 16, 2017.
- Judging: The winning video will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. One Winner will be selected.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to entrants (“Entrants”) who are legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. Void outside of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., and where prohibited. Entrants must be 18 years of age as of the date of submission. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its member stations, members of their immediate families, and those living in the same household, are ineligible. Entry constitutes Entrant’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to www.937kcountry.com and upload your video entry for the “Lyrics with Lewis” contest. The video can be no more than 30 seconds long.
You must completely and accurately submit all required information to enter.
All Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on Sunday, October 15, 2017. Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the Entrant’s timing device and the actual runtime of the Submission on the Contest Homepage, based on clear intent to comply with the Official Rules, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Video Submission, including releases from the submitting Entrant and any third parties appearing in the Submission. Incomplete, corrupted, untimely, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which entries have satisfied the entry requirements. Entrants may enter more than once, as long as all entries comply with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Video Submission Requirements. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT EACH ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Video Submission Requirements
So what’s in this video? It must:
Be a maximum of 30 seconds in length;
Be submitted in one the formats that YouTube accepts. Any other formats submitted and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified. Formats include: 3GPP, AVI, FLV, MOV, .mp4, MPEGPS, WebM, WMV.
Videos must NOT:
Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Use music that isn’t originally written, performed and produced by you, the Entrant. We’re not saying this because we don’t love music; we do we really do! It’s because we don’t want to violate the copyright of musicians and artists. All music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor’s and its designees’ use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a video, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the video and the public display of the video. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but each Entrant grants to WOGK 93.7 K Country and Pearson Nissan a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the Works in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the Works with respect to any use by WOGK 93.7 K Country, its member stations, sublicensees, or assigns. Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.
4. JUDGING: The winning video will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. One Winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- 50% Originality and creativity
- 50% Entertainment value
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: Qualifying entrants, as determined by the Judges, will be notified by E-mail and/or phone (via the E-mail account and phone number used on entry form) on or about September 18, 2017, and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legally permissible) and other documents required by the Sponsor within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. During a lunch meeting at Pearson Nissan on September 23, 2017 from 11 am-1pm, the winner will be announced. The winner will receive two tickets to the Tim and Faith concert in Orlando on October 21, 2017. The winner will then perform a test drive with Lewis Stokes and record a carpool karaoke style video.
Prize Restrictions: Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash. All prizes are subject to availability. If a prize or any portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize may be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per person, per household. Prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered.
6. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of Entrant’s Video being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor, its members stations and assignees, the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Video, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of television and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Video submitted to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases the Sponsor, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to provide the Entrant’s submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between Sponsor and Entrant, does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s video submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and Entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to complete and execute additional documents and have third parties execute Sponsor’s documents in connection with the rights granted to Sponsor as a condition of prize acceptance. In addition, by participating in the Contest and submitting a Video, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use Entrant’s Video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, the Sponsor will not share an Entrant’s information with any third parties.
7. WARRANTY: It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant’s Video is solely owned by Entrant and solely created by Entrant for the purpose of entering this Contest, and that no other party has any rights or interest in the Videos. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Videos and any use thereof by the Sponsor or any partners, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law intellectual property right (including, without limitation, any copyright) under U.S. and international laws and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
8. INDEMNITY: The Contest may also be promoted by a third party or parties (each a “Promotional Partner,” collectively “Promotional Partners”). Entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, any Promotional Partners, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor, its member stations, and each of their respective agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and legal advisers, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, and directors (“Released Parties”) are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor.
10: SPONSOR: WOGK-93.7 K Country, 3602 NE 20th Place, Ocala, FL 34470.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.937kcountry.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “Lyrics with Lewis”, c/o K Country, 3602 NE 20th Place, Ocala, FL 34470. Requests received without a self-addressed, stamped envelope will not be fulfilled.